Thursday, November 11, 2010

I Heart Nails - Butter London

"I heart nails" by Butter London.



This is my FIRST and only bottle of BUTTER LONDON.   Apparently this particular colour was created exclusively for Harvey Nichols (I Heart Nails ... cleverly, the H and N also stands for Harvey Nichols), so is not available via normal retail - I think it was a "complimentary gift" when you bought however much worth of product from the store.  However, I had to buy  it off eBay ... and up until now it's been the only bottle that I've been able to win/buy off there because they're either too much (some ebayers are selling them for way more than the store price) or the seller isn't sending to NZ or I just haven't had the dosh.  I did try and buy a bulk lot off someone, but they didn't know the ins and outs of sending nail polish overseas (i.e. getting around customs hassles, etc.).

Anyway, I had read in one person's blog that this colour was not so great; I personally think its fine.  I've also read a few complaints about Butter London in other peoples' blogs ... I get the idea that not everyone likes Butter London ... not sure why because what I was reading wasn't specific, but I'm thinking it had something to do with the price vs. the formula or/and maybe the size of the bottle - I don't know, something or rather.

Here's my verdict: I would pay the little bit extra for this tad expensive brand ... I personally found it really good to apply and dries hard and fairly quickly. I also LOVE the packaging/bottles - I think they're so cool.  I also really like the colours!  And I really like the names.  So I dunno, maybe I'm getting sucked in by the marketing ... but this bottle of polish certainly beat a bottle I tried of Chanel polish; and also 2 bottles of Mac ... and most of my bottles of Orly; not to mention my NARS Zulu ... supposedly one of the most sought after colours of green nail polish and I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, and I LOVE green and therefore green nail polish.

Anywayz ... here's the REAL buzz going on in my corner of the universe ... Butter London isn't available in New Zealand ... until this morning ~ I took a look at my mum's "Farmers beauty club" catalogue that just came in the mail this morning ... perfumes, boring-ish, like that Marc Jacobs "BANG" bottle though ... eh, Kim Kardashian perfume, here already, wow, next ... creams, boring ... mens scents, harhahar Fifty Cent has his own scent, wow, wtf ... foundations, make-up, boring, wherez the nail polish ... sunscreen, blah blah ... oh, finally, nail polish: ChiChi Fluro Nail Set, $29.99, might get that for daughters for Xmas; or Miki Glitter nails Set at $14.99, yay, plus Chocco Gloss Set, yes, think I"ll get that ... and then ... BAM!!!!  Page 20, bottom left corner - BUTTER LONDON!!!???!!!!

It reads:  "Introducing our latest nail care brand, butter LONDON"?????  And more blah blah after that, but OH MY GOSH!!!!  Farmers?  For real?  Like I would think maybe Smith & Caughey or somewhere flash-ish.  But Farmers - COooOOoooL!  Catalogue only mentions these shade names: "Tea with the Queen, Pillar Box Red, Yummy Mummy" ... seriously, they have to have more than this; picture shows other colours - the turquoisey blue one, HRH, the hot pink one (sorry, can't remember names, so excited), plus the creams and ... other stuff!!!  WOW.  Prices are $13.95 to $52 - farrrrk, that's expensive at the top end ... hope $52 isn't for a bottle of polish.  ANYWAYZ ... I'm gonna go there tonight and see for myself ... I hope they have "All Hail McQueen", "Bumster" and "Victoriana" - 3 colours I want.  Would also like "Jaffa".  And then many more after that.  I was going to order those colours from Oz for my Christmas prezzie to myself ... seeing as no one else gets me anything; it would've cost $100AUD (approx. $120-$130NZD), so I'll see what and how much Farmers are doing it for =))

No comments:

Post a Comment